Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: father in hospital, I think they are going to kill him

Thanks
    Thanked 6,255 Times in 4,141 Posts

Re: father in hospital, I think they are going to kill him

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda View Post

He survived the night. My mother is talking with him. He wants to get out of there. I'll post more when I have more info.
    Amanda, Last time I was in the hospital with 7 broken ribs (Do it right or don't do it at all) One nurse came to tell me she wanted to put an IV in me. I asked I would rather not, do I have to? She replied that I can refuse anything I want to and those are my rights. I replied "really" and she said Oh yeah, you can refuse anything. Then asked again if she could insert an IV which I denied. She smiled and said okay.

Point being if your dad wants out he can get out. Don't let them tell you anything else. They may pressure you or dad but they can't hold him for ANY reason. If they say he needs oxygen then ask for a prescription to take it home with you.

Docs and nurses for the most part are indoctrinated fools. They are told daily changes in protocol which is unheard of.

Good luck with Dad.
    Jackie did it and you know it!

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cebu_4_2 For This Useful Post:

Amanda (11th March 2021),mamboni (10th March 2021),midnight rambler (11th March 2021),monty (10th March 2021),Neuro (10th March 2021),Spun Gold (14th March 2021),Tumbleweed (10th March 2021),woodman (11th March 2021)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,341 Times in 1,987 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cebu_4_2 View Post
    Amanda, Last time I was in the hospital with 7 broken ribs (Do it right or don't do it at all) One nurse came to tell me she wanted to put an IV in me. I asked I would rather not, do I have to? She replied that I can refuse anything I want to and those are my rights. I replied "really" and she said Oh yeah, you can refuse anything. Then asked again if she could insert an IV which I denied. She smiled and said okay.

Point being if your dad wants out he can get out. Don't let them tell you anything else. They may pressure you or dad but they can't hold him for ANY reason. If they say he needs oxygen then ask for a prescription to take it home with you.

Docs and nurses for the most part are indoctrinated fools. They are told daily changes in protocol which is unheard of.

Good luck with Dad.

Cebu-Thanks for this!!

Okay, he's still alive and we are still working at this. Yesterday, my mother had 2 doctors on her side (pulmonologist and cardiologist), who are both in agreement that he does NOT have covid and that his symptoms are related to his heart. But they apparently could not override the crazy doctor who was insisting that he was a “suspected covid case” and keeping him in isolation (which made everything worse--he was all alone, mother could not visit, and nobody was checking on him)

My mother tried to get him home yesterday and they (not sure which doctors/nurses) were telling my her that he needed oxygen and couldn't go home and that it would kill him (we did not know that he could get a prescription for oxygen).

Today, my father is adamant that he wants to come home. He's speaking up for himself, saying NO more tests, he wants to go home. He just called my mother and said that he told the nurse he wants a prescription for oxygen, and that they told him NO because he was too weak to go home. (not sure what they meant by "weak"--they apparently haven't walked him around or anything)

Yesterday, my mother was in contact with the social worker who handles discharging of patients (she contacted my mom, so my mom thought that was a good sign). This morning my mother called her and said my father wants to get out of there today and that she wants to coordinate things with her, since he will need oxygen. Social worker just called my mother and said she cannot help until the doctor discharges him/agrees for him to go.

Also, last night, he was extremely anxious and distressed because he was having a bizarre symptom, where he felt disoriented in space and had a sensation that the wall was the floor and that he was spatially disoriented by 90 degrees. He intellectually knew that the floor was not the wall and that something was wrong. He was calling out for help and nobody was helping him (apparently, they moved the button to push for the nurse of reach, so all he could do was call out). I was on the phone with him and heard him calling out "help me, help me, please" to anyone who walked by. Nobody responded. He wanted somebody to help him sit up and put his feet on the floor to help him get reoriented. I was on the phone with him for about 1 1/2 hours to calm him down and figure this out. I talked to the nurse, said he's never been like this, something is wrong, maybe side effect of a drug they were giving him. She said no and that this is just what happens with some older patients--they get into a state of delirium. So, I kept talking with him, realized he sounded dehydrated, asked if he had any water, said NO only 1 cup of coffee in am and little bit of coffee in pm. and this is while he's on lasix. So, my father started calling for help--please help me, I need some water. Nobody came. Had to have my mother call the nurses station to get him water. Finally, somebody gave him water, and after one glass, the symptom went away.

Back to today, my father is having my mother call his primary care doctor to see if she will write a prescription for oxygen.
    So, that’s where we are. Absolute nightmare. Also, 2nd covid test came back negative (so all of that distress-inducing isolation was for nothing, as we knew it was).

Now they want him to have a heart procedure and not leave. My father is saying that he just wants to go home and think about what he wants to do, risks of having the procedure, etc. I think at this point, my father would rather come home and die with my mother at his side, rather than spend another day there.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Cebu_4_2 (12th March 2021),midnight rambler (11th March 2021),monty (11th March 2021),osoab (11th March 2021),Tumbleweed (11th March 2021),woodman (11th March 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,217 Times in 2,910 Posts

Amanda, I hope your family's nightmare with the M(edical)IC ends quickly in your favor.

I don't think I would be handling this as well as you.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,417 Times in 2,036 Posts

Get him the hell out of there Amanda. The hospitals are not objective; they are on a mission and it ain't a good one. You can purchase all sorts of oxygen machines used from people who no longer need them. You can even get battery powered carry along units. They aren't real cheap but they aren't all that expensive either.
    " If you are on the wrong road progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive man. There is nothing progressive about being pig-headed and refusing to admit a mistake. And I think if you look at the present state of the world it's pretty plain that humanity has been making some big mistake. We're on the wrong road. And if that is so we must go back. Going back is the quickest way on.” ---C. S. Lewis

7. The Following User Says Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (11th March 2021)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,341 Times in 1,987 Posts

We have a call into his primary care to see if she could give us a prescription for oxygen. So far, we haven't heard back from her yet.

Mother was just on phone with nurse practitioner with Cardiology, and apparently they are saying that they do not want him to leave, so he would be leaving against medical orders, but if he leaves against medical orders, then he cannot get a prescription for oxygen. So, we're sort of caught. Mother called local place to get oxygen, he said he needed a prescription.

Only positive so far, is that they finally have him out of the covid BS isolation, so now my mother can go visit him.

Apparently, yesterday she spoke with pulmonologist, who was on our side about covid being BS. He said that my father had fluid in his lungs, which was causing the need for oxygen and that they were giving him lasix to get rid of the fluid, and that once that was taken care of, the oxygen problem should improve.

Again, prior to going to the hospital, he had no breathing issues whatsoever. No anxiety issues. About 4-5 weeks ago, he lost his balance picking up a package and fell and broke his shoulder (but bone was still in place), so he wasn't able to get around like normal, but was still pretty much doing things for himself. His main complaint was his worry about the infection in his legs.

We will keep working on the oxygen issue.

Woodman- thanks for your ideas on the oxygen machines. I'm sure the expense will not be a problem. I'll keep researching it.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Cebu_4_2 (12th March 2021),midnight rambler (11th March 2021),woodman (11th March 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,217 Times in 2,910 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by woodman View Post
    Get him the hell out of there Amanda. The hospitals are not objective; they are on a mission and it ain't a good one. You can purchase all sorts of oxygen machines used from people who no longer need them. You can even get battery powered carry along units. They aren't real cheap but they aren't all that expensive either.
    Do those have the same "requirements" as a CPAP?

I have read that since CPAP machines are "prescribed" they technically cannot be resold.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,417 Times in 2,036 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by osoab View Post
    Do those have the same "requirements" as a CPAP?

I have read that since CPAP machines are "prescribed" they technically cannot be resold.
    No, these machines are available from both users and companies who specialize in revamped pre-owned medical devices. I was checking into them last year and the units were freely available then for around $450. Can't remember now, but I think the battery powered ones may have been more expensive. In any case it is legal, moral and smart to purchase a used one.
    " If you are on the wrong road progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive man. There is nothing progressive about being pig-headed and refusing to admit a mistake. And I think if you look at the present state of the world it's pretty plain that humanity has been making some big mistake. We're on the wrong road. And if that is so we must go back. Going back is the quickest way on.” ---C. S. Lewis

12. The Following User Says Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

osoab (11th March 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,179 Times in 1,921 Posts

I use a cpap machine and I don't think that would help Amanda's dad if he's building up fluid in his lungs. The cpap machines just keep constant air pressure in your airway and lungs and her dad needs oxygen.

I had some swelling in my legs and feet last fall and I was given Furosemide as a diarrhetic. I also wore compression socks and that got rid of most of the swelling. I had to cut back on salt too.

I also had injured my metatarsal joints and they gave me meloxicam for inflammation. I've quit taking both those drugs and take pharmaceutical grade DMSO for inflammation and swelling in my legs and it works better than the drugs I was given. The DMSO seemed to clear my lungs up too.
    We are all travelers through this world
    Birth till Death
    We travel between the Eternities. Robert Duval as Print Ritter "The Broken Trail"

I believe the DSCI christians know and speak the truth
    https://christogenea.org

The old coyote senses danger and sinks into the grass.
    He cannot be seen but he watches and waits. Author unknown

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tumbleweed For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (11th March 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,089 Times in 2,588 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tumbleweed View Post
    I use a cpap machine and I don't think that would help Amanda's dad if he's building up fluid in his lungs. The cpap machines just keep constant air pressure in your airway and lungs and her dad needs oxygen.

I had some swelling in my legs and feet last fall and I was given Furosemide as a diarrhetic. I also wore compression socks and that got rid of most of the swelling. I had to cut back on salt too.

I also had injured my metatarsal joints and they gave me meloxicam for inflammation. I've quit taking both those drugs and take pharmaceutical grade DMSO for inflammation and swelling in my legs and it works better than the drugs I was given. The DMSO seemed to clear my lungs up too.
    I'm biting my tongue.
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

Thanks
    Thanked 1,740 Times in 1,033 Posts

To bad Large Sarge went off and left us, as he had a business of selling oxygen concentrators. I think anyone can buy these, without a prescription, however if you want your insurance to pay for it, they probably want a doctors prescription.

Here is my doctor: http://www.doctoryourself.com/

Going to an actual doctor is my last resort. Look for osteopath instead of allopath.
    Well over 90 percent of the people Hitler locked up were German's. Only 2 to 3 percent were Jews and most of those Jews were elevated to running the concentration camps.
    http://www.controversyofzion.info/

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Bigjon For This Useful Post:

Spun Gold (14th March 2021)