Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Core math 3 x 4 = 11

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,181 Times in 2,248 Posts

Core math 3 x 4 = 11

I saw this on Keisers blog. < 1 min. No max.

We have this problem down here as well, but we call our problem "New Math" but basically the premise is the same. It is not about the result it is about the "narrative". The facts being that 3 x 4 = 12 is not so important is being able to tell a story about how you arrived at your incorrect answer.

Now in this video the woman says that they correct the child if they come up with the wrong answer but the most important part is the story or the journey through the math process. In australia the difference is that they, the class can come together and negotiate the solution. So by a consensus they all arrive at the preferred answer. As I hint at, it doesn't have to be the factual answer, just an answer that everyone can live with,
    Great minds discuss Ideas, Average minds discuss Events, Small minds discuss People. E.R.

Anytime I'm in doubt I go outside and give it a little shake.
    Liberty Tree.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,300 Times in 4,175 Posts

Re: Core math 3 x 4 = 11

It's not new math it's NWO math.
    Jackie did it and you know it!

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cebu_4_2 For This Useful Post:

Blink (19th August 2013),BrewTech (19th August 2013),Canadian-guerilla (29th January 2015),Twisted Titan (8th February 2015)

Thanks

While the stupefying plunge in SAT scores and IQ continues
    Cogito cogito, ergo cogito sum - I think that I think, therefore I think that I am

My GPG Pub key:
    http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=steyr_m&op=index&fingerprint=on

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steyr_m For This Useful Post:

Canadian-guerilla (29th January 2015),mick silver (21st August 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,300 Times in 4,175 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steyr_m View Post
    While the stupefying plunge in SAT scores and IQ continues
    They modified the reporting like the inflation and unemployment factors.

Looking through my kids curricular for this year and the info he knows he has to put on his dumb cap to pass. I bitched about him smoking stuff and he said 'if I pass on honor rolll will you please stop bitching about smoking'. Hmmm I told him its on. He never learned basic math, history or any of the other BS stuff. What they teach is like zero what I learned. It's there but different and wrong.

If my grandfather saw this world I have no idea what he would say but it would have been much wiser than I could ever come up with.
    Jackie did it and you know it!

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,181 Times in 2,248 Posts

I spent some time with a child about to start the adventure of education. Family gathering, parents, the grands and so on. Kid was going through a book, non school, which was how many of X are there in the Pic, Draw a line to link same or similar things. Identify these objects.

Kid asks, what do I put in this one (answer box) mommy. I said, you put whatever the teacher wants you to put in there. Now that was the start of an interesting conversation.

So I am messing with the kid. Are you sure those are not such and such things? How do you know it's 10. It's something like the video I guess but I am trying to get them confident that they have got the right answer even when someone (me) is casting doubt on them. Thats the hardest challenge in life IMO. Being able to stand in confidence when someone casts doubt on you or what you did/do. I don't want them to have to turn to some group for a decision or assessment of how they feel about something. You gots to know in your guts.

I think this one will be ok. I'm pretty confident he can see as well although it may be his friend.
    Great minds discuss Ideas, Average minds discuss Events, Small minds discuss People. E.R.

Anytime I'm in doubt I go outside and give it a little shake.
    Liberty Tree.

Rubberchicken

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rubberchicken For This Useful Post:

Libertarian_Guard (19th August 2013)

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,159 Times in 1,916 Posts

I did have that problem, after my dad was my teacher, in high school I was able to give answers to algebra problems withuot solving the problem......my teacher got really mad at me and at the end he asked me "Was your dad your algebra teacher?"...me "Yes".....him "Did he go to Georgia Tech"....me "Yes"...him "OH, that's why"........how did he know? I don't know......maybe they had a "mistery" way to teach math that my dad use on me................but as you can see he never tought me English ahahahahahahahhah.

By the way, the teacher in the video was right......once you know the cause you will know the reason, and able to corrected it.

V
    "If you don't hold it, you don't own it"... Ponce

"I'll never stop learning because I'll never stop reading"... Ponce

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ponce For This Useful Post:

FreeEnergy (25th June 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,597 Times in 4,195 Posts

Thread: Charlotte Iserbyt: The Secret History of Western Education & Scientific Destruction o

good little vid in there ^,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZJoCfgAEuE

Uploaded by NealF on Nov 16, 2010
    The soundtrack is now available at: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/exp...ep/id444615015 and https://market.android.com/details?id=artist-Add5o4qqbmxyhwr7qwdawbyvcmu

This video was originally created to be part of an art exhibit for Exposed the Art Project http://www.exposedtheartproject.org , a multimedia collaboration raising awareness of social issues. The group decided that the message in the Deliberate Dumbing Down of America shouldn't be put on hold. So here it is. The other artists of Exposed the Art Project are: painters Barry Gross and Viktor Safonkin, and photographers Adela Holmes and Presscott McDonald. We picked four themes for our premier—Social Commentary, Spirituality, Metamorphosis and Time and Chance. This is my contribution for Social Commentary.

To see/hear more of Neal's work go to http://www.TheRealNealFox.com
    FAKE "ELECTIONS" - Why Ron Paul Can't "Win"

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PatColo For This Useful Post:

gunny highway (12th October 2013)

Brew Guru
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,694 Times in 1,535 Posts

"Doesn't matter if you lie...it just has to sound good and if people react the way you expect, that's OK!"

They aren't teaching math, they are teaching marketing.
    By way of decoction, thou shalt do wort.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BrewTech For This Useful Post:

Canadian-guerilla (29th January 2015)

BANNED (Permanent)
    Thanks

Google smartest stupid people in history and see what you get.