Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody know about Cannabidiol?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,782 Times in 1,378 Posts

Anybody know about Cannabidiol?

Thinking about this for my mom.

5 Must-Know Facts About Cannabidiol (CBD)

http://www.leafscience.com/wp-conten...22-720x340.jpg(Photo:Coleen Danger/Flickr)

CBD, or cannabidiol, is quickly changing the debate surrounding the use of marijuana as a medicine.

Most people have heard of a chemical called THC, which is the ingredient in marijuana that gets users high. But recently, attention has shifted to another marijuana compound called CBD. And for good reason.
    Because while doctors can’t seem to look past certain side effects of THC, CBD doesn’t seem to present that problem. On the other hand, evidence of CBD’s vast medical potential is mounting.
    Here are five facts that you need to know about this unique compound:
    1. CBD is a key ingredient in cannabis

CBD is one of over 60 compounds found in cannabis that belong to a class of molecules called cannabinoids. Of these compounds, CBD and THC are usually present in the highest concentrations, and are therefore the most recognized and studied.
    CBD and THC levels tend to vary between different strains and varieties of cannabis. For example, by using selective breeding techniques, cannabis breeders have managed to create varieties with high levels of CBD and next to zero levels of THC.
    2. CBD is non-psychoactive

Unlike THC, CBD does not cause a high. While this makes CBD a poor choice for recreational users, it gives the chemical a significant advantage as a medicine, since health professionals prefer treatments with minimal side effects.
    The reason why CBD is non-psychoactive is due to its lack of affinity for CB1 receptors. CB1 receptors are found in high concentrations in the brain, and are the pathways responsible for the psychoactive effects of THC.
    3. CBD has a wide range of medical benefits

Despite a different pathway of action, CBD seems to possess many of the same benefits of THC. According to a 2013 review published in the British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, studies have found CBD to possess the following medical properties:
    Medical Properties of CBD Effects
    Antiemetic Reduces nausea and vomiting
    Anticonvulsant Suppresses seizure activity
    Antipsychotic Combats psychosis disorders
    Anti-inflammatory Combats inflammatory disorders
    Anti-oxidant Combats neurodegenerative disorders
    Anti-tumoral/Anti-cancer Combats tumor and cancer cells
    Anxiolytic/Anti-depressant Combats anxiety and depression disorders

Unfortunately, most of this evidence comes from animal studies, as very few clinical trials have been conducted using the chemical.
    4. CBD reduces the negative effects of THC

CBD seems to offer natural protection against the marijuana high. Numerous studies suggest CBD acts to counter the intoxicating effects of THC, including memory impairment and paranoia.
    Both CBD and THC have been found to present no risk of lethal overdose. However, to reduce potential side effects, medical users may be better off using cannabis strains with higher levels of CBD.
    5. CBD is still illegal

Even though CBD shows much promise as a medicine, it remains illegal in many parts of the world. CBD is classified as a Schedule I drug in the U.S. and a Schedule II drug in Canada.
    On the other hand, the U.S. FDA recently approved a pharmaceutical version of CBD, marketed as Epidiolex, for clinical trials in pediatric epilepsy. The trials began earlier this year.
    A patent awarded to the U.S. Health and Human Services in 2003 (US6630507) also covers the use of CBD as a treatment for various neurodegenerative and inflammatory disorders.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to General of Darkness For This Useful Post:

Celtic Rogue (17th March 2017),mick silver (2nd September 2014),steyr_m (21st April 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,209 Times in 1,161 Posts

Re: Anybody know about Cannabidiol?

No 1st hand knowledge but have researched it at length. I'd use it...if I don't already? Though not as an oil. I'd also have no problem giving it to a loved one either. It HAS to better than the crap the .med people will try and force upon you.

It also may not be illegal in Wash St.
    "Truth is treason in the empire of lies"...Ron Paul
    "A government is a bunch of people, usually, notably ungoverned"...
    Shepherd Book, Firefly

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Libertytree For This Useful Post:

Twisted Titan (9th July 2017)

Thanks

http://theroc.us/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&layout=categ ory&task=category&id=8&Itemid=124

Quote Originally Posted by Libertytree View Post
    No 1st hand knowledge but have researched it at length. I'd use it...if I don't already?
    Ditto here.

The FL legislature in their infinite wisdom drafted a bill that allows "Charlottes Web" to be prescribed here, (All CBD) developed by the Stanley Bros., in Colorado. Where it's available, I know not.

This Nov., we get to vote on the whole medical MJ thing.

Link to Realm of Caring, available in CA. at top of reply.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,209 Times in 1,161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by boogietillyapuke View Post
    http://theroc.us/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&layout=categ ory&task=category&id=8&Itemid=124

Ditto here.

The FL legislature in their infinite wisdom drafted a bill that allows "Charlottes Web" to be prescribed here, (All CBD) developed by the Stanley Bros., in Colorado. Where it's available, I know not.

This Nov., we get to vote on the whole medical MJ thing.

Link to Realm of Caring, available in CA. at top of reply.
    Yeah, I'm in Fl too and watching it closely.

As I understand it the Charlottes Web oil is very weak in the scheme of things and has a narrow area of uses but that would at least be a start. And thanks, I meant to say Co but for some reason Wash St still rings a bell.
    "Truth is treason in the empire of lies"...Ron Paul
    "A government is a bunch of people, usually, notably ungoverned"...
    Shepherd Book, Firefly

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Yeah, you can get it here in Colorado. There's an apothecary I know that carries it. In fact, they ship it to all 50 states if you want some.

http://www.bluebird-botanicals.com/C...__CBD__oil.php
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

Thanks
    Thanked 6,457 Times in 4,275 Posts

HEMP CBD OIL
    Cannabis sativa
    Cannabidiol (CBD oil) extract from industrial hemp

Cannabidiol (CBD) is a naturally occurring constituent/cannabinoid of the hemp plant. It is the most abundant non-psychoactive cannabinoid in hemp/cannabis, commonly used as a dietary supplement to support overall health.† Our high CBD, full spectrum cannabinoid oil blends are made from the highest quality hemp ingredients and are vigorously tested for their potency and purity. You can view the test results by clicking the green PDF links just above this paragraph. More information on our Hemp CBD oil is below on this page.

We are proud to consistently offer the highest quality hemp derived CBD oil. Through utmost dedication to our customer service and quality of product we have begun to truly stand out as a trustworthy source for pure and highly potent, legal cannabidiol oil.

We highly encourage researching cannabidiol (CBD) from reliable informational sources to see what is being investigated and discussed about CBD oil. We can send links to research and testimonials through private email request only.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

ABOUT OUR HEMP CBD OIL:

INGREDIENTS: 1) Hemp derived cannabidiol (CBD) CO2 oil extract, emulsified in 2) hemp seed oil
    3) Rosemary extract (as a natural preservative)

1)Cannabidiol (CBD oil) extract-Cannabidiol (CBD) is a naturally occurring consituent/cannabinoid of the hemp plant. It is the most abundant non-psychoactive cannabinoid in hemp/cannabis.Our CBD oil extract is afull spectrum CO2 oil extraction of stalks and stems from a Hemp strain of Cannabis sativa grown in the U.K., legally imported through FDA tariff codes. Hemp (as opposed to marijuana) is usually ideal for cannabidiol (CBD oil) extractions as it is naturally high in CBD and low in THC, making it superior to most high-THC marijuana strains as far as cannabidiol (CBD) content is concerned.†

The hemp we use is grown in the U.K., on family farms in countries where it is legal to do so, and is done under the regulations of the governing bodies in those countries. Hemp, because of it's innate ability to thrive so easily doesn't require pesticides (the aromatic terpene compounds in hemp can actually act as natural pesticides), fertilizers, or herbicides in it's cultivation, and requires much less water than standard commercial farming. The hemp we derive our CBD oil from is NON-GMO and is grown under the same methods and standards of organic farming, but at this time there is no actual legal procedure for the organic certification of hemp cultivation in the countries we import our CBD oil from. We're expecting the process for organic certification of hemp to be available within hopefully a year, and we will officially certify ours as soon as that's possible.†

The CBD oil is extracted through a high pressured, supercritical CO2 extraction, and the raw CBD oil is then imported legally into the U.S. following FDA regulations, where it is further refined at a certified GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) facility. To determine the purity and potency of every batch of CBD oil each extraction is analyzed through a High Pressure Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) test for aerobic organisms, yeast, fungus, E. coli, and heavy toxic metals, and is also analyzed for the cannabidiol (+ other cannabinoid) potency. Once our final CBD oil products are prepared we have them further analyzed for their potency and purity by another party, a company based out of Denver called Cannlabs. With these multiple analyses performed we can weigh the CBD oil extract for making our blends knowing that the cannabidiol content is pure and consistent throughout every batch of Hemp CBD oil we make.†

Our cannabidiol (CBD oil) extract is a full spectrum cannabinoid extract. Besides the high content of CBD (we've had upwards of 26% CBD) there are also present naturally occurring trace amounts of CBC, CBD, CBG, THC + other cannabinoids, and many scientists and doctors think the cannabinoids work synergistically to support the whole human endo-cannabinoid system (internal and natural human cannabinoid system). And many scientists and doctors believe the endo-cannabinoid system plays a fundamental role in the functioning of many of the major human physiological systems, including the nervous and immune systems.†

2) Virgin Hemp Seed Oil-Cold pressed from hemp seeds grown in Israel. The hemp seed oil is also from an industrial hemp variety of Cannabis sativa which doesn't require herbicides, pesticides and fertilizers. Hemp seed oil is considered to be very nutritious, but the main purpose for it being in our blend is to have a base oil to emulsify the CBD oil extract in to. Because the CBD oil extract is a thick, tar like substance that is messy to handle and work with, it is much easier to package and consume when mixed into a base oil. And we figured if we're going to emulsify the cannabidiol (CBD) extract into a base oil, what more appropriate oil could there be to use for this purpose than hemp seed oil.†

STANDARD USE AND TYPICAL SERVING SIZE:
    Keep Hemp CBD oil refrigerated. Shake well before using. Most people swallow 15 drops or more, as desired. The amount of CBD oil that people take on a daily basis can vary greatly. Our CBD oil can be ingested morning or night, on an empty or full stomach. Shelf life is approximately 2 years.†

OUNCE, ML, DROP & CANNABIDIOL (CBD) MG CONVERSIONS:
    1 fluid ounce = 30ml = 900 drops = 250mg cannabidiol (CBD)

1ml = 30 drops
    30 drops = 8.333mg cannabidiol (CBD)
    15 drops = 4.166mg cannabidiol (CBD)
    900 drops = 250mg cannabidiol (CBD)

If 15 drops are taken twice a day, 1 ounce of CBD oil will last 30 days.
    WE ENCOURAGE EXPERIMENTATION WITH SERVING SIZE. BECAUSE THE RESEARCH IS STILL IN ITS INFANCY (DESPITE BEING SEEMINGLY POSITIVE) IT IS NOT KNOWN WHAT METHOD OR SERVING SIZE IS BEST FOR X,Y, OR Z. AND BECAUSE HEMP PRODUCTS ARE CONSIDERED GENERALLY SAFE WE ENCOURAGE DOING YOUR OWN RESEARCH & EXPERIMENTATION IN ORDER TO FIND WHAT WORKS BEST FOR YOU.
†
    *This product does contain a naturally occurring trace amount of THC from legally imported Hemp CBD Oil.

*THOSE WHO SUSPECT THEY MAY HAVE A DISEASE OR ARE SEEKING HELP FOR A SPECIFIC DISEASE SHOULD CONSULT A QUALIFIED MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL.

*For more information on Hemp CBD oil visit here:
    CBD Frequently Asked Questions
    Jackie did it and you know it!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cebu_4_2 For This Useful Post:

Serpo (7th September 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,437 Times in 2,790 Posts

This stuff is going to blast the modern meds back into the stone-age.

I mean how stupid are these people by not knowing about this after intensive med school blah blah ,either that or they are actually EVIL, one of the two ,take your pick.

The Cabal...........“Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall. Humpty Dumpty had a great fall. All the King’s horses and all the King’s men couldn’t put Humpty back together again”.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Serpo For This Useful Post:

woodman (8th September 2014)

Palladium
    Thanks

I live in Texas and was trying to find out whether or not the CBD oil is legal in Texas - all I see are sick jokes about weed (THC), which is not what I am interested in. Does anyone know of a website which shows the legality of this CBD oil, state-by-state? That company is willing to ship to any of the states, but, who wants to risk it if your state is going to come after you? I am thinking only about the health benefits of the CBD oil (no high buzz at all, they say), so, where can I find out about Texas law without all the sick jokes? Do we have to move to Colorado in order to get the health benefits? That is sicko!

But, just in case, what part of Colorado has the lowest cost of living (housing-wise)? Just curious. I've lived in Texas over 70 years now, but, its true, those pricks in Austin sometimes make ridiculous laws and you'd better not cross them or you'll be in "a heap of trouble, son"!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,395 Posts

Cool Re: Anybody know about Cannabidiol?

I am still learning about CBD.

Overall, I have the impression that it binds with neuro-receptors in the body, instead of the mind. A very subtle effect, relaxing.

Some CBD rich strains for those interested -

https://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.u...prod_2185.html

https://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.u...prod_4602.html

https://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.u.../prod_273.html

https://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.u...prod_3961.html
    Retired Director Morris Waxler says the FDA did not do their job for 15 years - and is not now.

HelpStopLASIK.com

Thanks
    Thanked 4,437 Times in 2,790 Posts

My Auntie just diagnosed with cancer ,shes mid 80s ,the obvious thing would be to treat with med weed .In Australia that dosnt seem possible.

But the desperate mother is unapologetic.
    Advertisement
    "We tried 18 different combinations of anti-convulsant treatments before this, and she would still be having dozens of seizures every day,'' Ms Siery says. "Also the side effects of those drugs are severe. She can get a really bad rash and they effect her breathing and heart rate. She is sedated by them, tired and unable to eat.
    "Since starting the tincture in December she went from having 60 seizures a day to about five and now they only last about one minute each instead of as long as five minutes. She is also more alert, has more movement, is aware of her body and is eating again.''
    http://images.essentialbaby.com.au/2..._353-300x0.jpg Jaylene noticed an almost immediate improvement in Larisa's condition after administering the cannabis tincture. Photo: Marina Neil.

Larisa's battles began almost from the moment she was born at Gosford Hospital on the NSW Central Coast on March 30, 2012.
    Like most newborns, Larisa's first day of life was filled with feeding, sleeping and cuddles with mum and dad. However things quickly went downhill and Ms Siery and partner Peter Rule now remember those blissful 24 hours with their first baby as the calm before the storm.
    At just two days old Larisa's tiny body began suffering uncontrollable seizures which led to her being transferred by helicopter to the Children's Hospital at Westmead, Sydney where she remained hooked up to monitors for weeks.
    Larisa underwent countless medical tests in her first months of life which resulted in her being diagnosed with panhypopituitarism - due to an absent pituitary stalk - which means her body is unable to make essential hormones.
    It was also discovered seizures during the first days of life left Larisa with brain damage which left her blind partially deaf. She has since been diagnosed with both epilepsy and cerebral palsy.
    Ms Siery says her daughter has spent much of her short life in and out of hospital. In that time her seizures have worsened and late last year neurologists spoke to Larisa's parents about the possibility of palliative brain surgery in order to bring her condition under control. Although it is believed Larisa's seizures will eventually cause her brain to stop growing, surgery is not something her parents want to subject their little girl to.
    In desperation Ms Siery asked doctors whether they thought medical cannabis could help her daughter and if they knew where she could source it.
    "They basically just laughed at me,'' Ms Siery remembers. "But I had read about so many other kids being helped by it and we were at a stage where we would try anything to help Larisa."
    Ms Siery's research led her to get in contact with Nimbin man Tony Bower who, as the director of his registered company Mullaways Medical Cannabis, is one of very few people in Australia who is open about the fact he produces medical marijuana products.
    Mr Bower says his cannabis tincture oil "medicine" is low in THC, the compound which gives recreational marijuana users their high.
    He says his oil, which is administered orally through drops under the tongue, is currently being used to treat seizures in about 200 children across Australia.
    Mr Bower was imprisoned and sentenced to 12 months jail last year when police found him in possession of 200 cannabis plants. But his conviction was overturned on appeal and he was released after six weeks.
    "I get hundreds of emails from parents each week asking if I can help them treat their children but I am unable to take many new patients on as I am limited in the amount of medicine I can produce,'' he says.
    While Larisa is the youngest child in Australia whose parents have spoken about her taking cannabis tincture oil, Mr Bower says he has treated much younger babies.
    "A lot of the damage which is done to the brain is done during seizures when they are only a few months old, so the younger they are treated the better the outcome,'' he says.
    Larisa's family is thankful Mr Bower agreed to add her to his client list after he read a detailed description of the little girl's suffering.
    "The results were almost immediate, we noticed an improvement on the second day we gave the cannabis tincture to Larisa,'' Ms Siery said.
    Ms Siery and Mr Rule are now parents of two children following the birth of son Eli in November last year.
    "Larisa is getting bigger now and her seizures can are harder to handle, and we have to look after our baby son too. Without the cannabis tincture our family life would become very difficult.''
    Little Larisa's story is heart-breaking, but sadly it is not unique.
    Thousands of parents across the country are constantly searching for new medications to help reduce the number and severity of seizures their epileptic children suffer on a daily basis.
    They are calling on state and federal governments to support regulated clinical trials of cannabis oil and medical marijuana products in the hope they will one day be able to treat their children with it under a doctor's supervision.
    Their calls are backed by the Epilepsy Foundation with the organisation's Client Manager Wayne Pfeiffer saying anecdotally cannabis tincture was effective in reducing the number of seizures experienced by some epilepsy sufferers.
    "About 70 percent of people with epilepsy can control their seizures through the use of medication,'' Mr Pfeiffer said. "But for the other 30 percent who have tried as many as 12 different drugs and are still having uncontrolled seizures, I can see why they would be keen to try anything that may work.
    "I particularly understand why parents would want to help their children get the best quality of life possible. We would support more regulated clinical trials of medical cannabis.''
    However Australian Medical Association President Dr Steve Hambleton is adamant there is no scientific evidence which proves the benefits of cannabis products to treat epileptic seizures and that the well documented negative effects of long term marijuana use outweigh any benefits.
    "A testimonial is not evidence. Because one person thinks it did or didn't work for them, that doesn't mean it does work or that it will have the desired effect for all people,'' he said.
    "While it's illegal and highly likely cause more harm than good, parents should stick with known medicines and seek the advice of medical professionals."
    Dr Hambleton said that given there are hundreds of chemicals in cannabis, there is a chance that one of them is beneficial in reducing the seizures suffered by epileptic children.
    "If one of these chemicals is beneficial let's find out what it is,'' he said. "There are universities doing studies into that, and we are fine with those studies being done."
    The concerns of long term effects of marijuana products to treat medical conditions was also noted by NSW Health Minister Jillian Skinner last year when the state government rejected a report calling for small amounts of cannabis use be decriminalised so it could be used as pain relief for people dying of cancer and AIDS.
    "The government does not support the use of unregulated crude cannabis products for medical purposes as the potency and safety of these products cannot be guaranteed," Ms Skinner said. "The NSW government believes this will not prevent access to appropriate medical treatment for any patient in NSW, given the availability of safe and effective alternative medications".
    Despite the fact there are no plans to make medical marijuana legal in Australia any time soon, in America a number of states have recently done just that.
    In September last year New Jersey Governor Chris Christie signed a bill allowing sick children greater access to medical marijuana. The revisions to the bill, nicknamed "pot for tots," require that at least two doctors, including a pediatrician, approve the treatment and tightened the language to ensure that only minors could get access to edible forms of marijuana besides lozenges.
    A Perth mother whose three-year-old daughter suffers up to 20 seizures a day due to a rare genetic condition says she would welcome a move to legalise medical marijuana in Australia.
    "My daughter is on three anti-convulsant medications a day, plus a back up medication for abnormal or prolonged seizures, and she can still have anywhere from five to 20 seizures in a normal day.
    "We have tried everything, she has been prescribed every type of medicine that she could be and nothing has worked. She is on the last three medications that might possibly work for her."
    Due to her condition the little girl has developmental delays and can't walk or talk. Her desperate parents, who don't want to be named for fear of prosecution, are currently researching how to access medical cannabis.
    "We are not expecting a miracle, we would just like our daughter to have some kind of quality of life. We would love for her to just have a break from the seizures,'' the mother said.
    Queensland mother Christine McKay has been giving her six-year-old daughter Casey cannabis tincture oil since the middle of January and says it has made a dramatic difference to the quality of her daughter's life.
    The family's decision to try the controversial treatment followed four years of trial and error with anti-epileptic medication and side effects which robbed the little girl, who began having epileptic seizures when she was two, of her quality of life.
    Some medications left Casey unable to speak, walk or feed herself. Others controlled her seizures but led to extreme behaviour problems which meant the family was often unable to leave the house with her.
    Ms Mackay hit breaking point at Christmas and told doctors she needed a sedative to control Casey's behaviour in order to make life bearable for her two younger children. But since starting the cannabis tincture oil treatment four weeks ago the family's life has improved significantly.
    "We are seeing a happy Casey we haven't seen for a very long time,'' Ms MacKay said. "She is playing with her brother and telling us what she did at school when she gets home each day. We haven't seen her like this for a very long time."
    Although Ms Mackay agrees it is too early to be certain the improvement in her daughter's condition is entirely due to the cannabis tincture, she said she would be devastated if she was no longer able to access it.
    "The idea that we might not always be able to access it is a major concern. I don't know what we would do if we couldn't get it. We would be right back to square one again."
    Larisa's family is equally fearful of losing access to cannabis tincture to treat their daughter.
    "It would be terrible,'' Ms Siery says. "If we can't keep accessing cannabis tincture it would probably mean that Larisa's seizures would kill her."https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/9Y...zEU8ltGphvFc2w

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/toddler/toddler-health/parents-plead-for-medical-marijuana-to-be-legalised-20140215-32szc.html

PREMIER Denis Napthine says he supports the decision of the medical administration not to legalise medicinal marijuana, even after it has been revealed it saved a young girl's life.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vic...a12051b1eadd17

http://www.mullawaysmedicalcannabis.com.au/

The Cabal...........“Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall. Humpty Dumpty had a great fall. All the King’s horses and all the King’s men couldn’t put Humpty back together again”.